Part Time; 12 hrs. a week
The IT Support Specialist provides an excellent helping hand to VCC staff and ministry programs by diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving technical issues.
You didn’t choose a career in tech because you want to maintain the status quo—you chose it because you’re an innovator. You love to create and take on the big challenges that come from even the smallest of problems. Even when everyone else aroudn you is diagnosing or complaining about the problem—you don’t quit until you find solutions that exceed all expectations. You won’t settle for using your creativity to do anything less than change the world for the cause of Christ. Vineyard Community Church is where your talents and passions meet. We’re a team that is driven to make things better and collaborate, while always remaining open handed because we know the best win is when everybody wins.
VCC embraces the use of technology in the church and is always looking for ways to improve the systems and programs that help share God’s love with the world. We are looking for a technological guru who knows their way around Windows and Apple applications. If serving others fills your tank, you might be right for this position. Keep reading for more details!
- Strong, proactive work ethic.
- Able to notice areas of need and take initiative to address them.
- Focused on creating a fun and safe environment for guests.
- Invested and involved in the lives of volunteers and staff.
- Adheres to the values and guidelines outlined in Behavior Covenant and Employee Handbook.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve technical support issues for VCC staff and ministries.
- Manage all computer systems owned by the church.
- Maintain all network infrastructure such as routers, switches, and wireless access points.
- Monitor, detect, assess, and address threats to our network, such as viruses and external attacks.
- Manage and perform backups on a regular basis.
- Monitor logs and other internal network information for latent problems.
- Provide help desk services for all staff.
- Provide training during on-boarding for usage of network resources.
- Assist with weekend technical issues as needed.
- Interface with vendors on a technical level to ensure interoperability of technologies.
- Manage email and network accounts.
- Able to support both Mac and Windows platforms, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other software such as Dropbox and Google Suite.