Full Time; 50 hrs. a week
The Family Pastor will help guide and oversee the development of the next generation (birth-12th grade). Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help the next generation grow into faith-filled followers of Jesus. You’re a person who has kids (or had kids) and helped them grow to love Jesus. You notice the little things, not just the little kids, and are able to make adjustments to help those areas of needed growth. You love developing leaders. It’s your passion. You know it takes a village to raise a child, so you’ve surrounded yourself with people who can help you get the job done. You know that one of the best ways kids get to know God is through a safe, fun, and spiritually sound environment. Families, volunteers, staff—they know you’ve got their back. And, you love the mission of VCC and want to love people into a growing relationship with Jesus.
- Strong, proactive work ethic.
- Has stewarded their own children into a place of maturity. (1 Timothy 3:4).
Able to notice areas of need (including, but not limited to Facility, Organizational, Managerial and Spiritual) while taking initiative to address them in collaboration with leadership team.
- Focused on creating a spiritually sound, fun, and safe learning environment for kids and volunteers.
- Invested and involved in the lives of families, volunteers, and staff.
- Adheres to the values and guidelines listed in the Behavior Covenant and Employee Handbook.
Oversee Vineyard Kids (children's program) and Young Vineyard (student program) departments and operations:
- Identify, recruit, train, deploy, monitor, and nurture new volunteers for both VK and YV, while creating and implementing systems for further development.
- Develop specific volunteer positions that reflect the needs of both VK and YV.
- Supervise, coordinate, and oversee the VK and YV staff and volunteer schedules.
- Strategically plan curriculum so as to create a balanced “diet” for the journey a child experiences from nursery through 12th grade.
- Resource coordinators with curriculum plan.
- Develop VK and YV staff, systems, and environments to continually improve the overall quality of the weekend experience.
- Create policies, systems and processes that bring organizational discipline to VK and YV.
Equip families to take ownership of their children’s spiritual formation.
- Train parents to lead their children in spiritual practices.
- Resource families with materials to develop their marriage and parenting.
- Plan events, trainings, and classes to continually develop a spiritually healthy family life.